Peer Educators are young women aged 14-26 who are trained as peer educators.
Peer Educators are available within Guiding to run sessions for Brownie & Guide groups on a variety of topics that affect them including:
It works because girls are eager to listen to their peers who share similar life experiences.
Peer educators run fun, safe and challenging sessions which we develop with expert partners. They can deliver sessions on:
- Think Resilient – gives girls the tools to build their mental well-being. Developed with YoungMinds
- Free Being Me – grows girls’ body confidence and self-esteem. Developed with WAGGGS and the Dove Self-Esteem Project.
- Breaking Free – gives girls the tools to challenge gender stereotypes. Developed with expert academics, CEOs and charities.
- Healthy Relationships – helps Brownies to be good and safe friends, and helps Guides, The Senior Section and Rangers to tell whether a romantic relationship is healthy. Developed with AVA and Women’s Aid
- Youth Health – empowers Guides and Rangers to make their own decisions about alcohol, smoking, drugs and sex. Developed with the Department of Health.
For a full list of topics and skills sessions available, or to book a session, please contact us.